State and federal laws require that all public programs, activities and services are accessible to persons with disabilities. One of the most important components of accessibility is ensuring that any communication with a person with a disability is as effective as communications with others. The Clean Mobility Options Voucher Pilot Program (CMO) is making every effort to provide reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities.
In order to better serve persons with a disabilities, we are working to:
1) Institute protocols for events, trainings and webinars to make them accessible and free from architectural and communication barriers.
2) Update materials that are written, visual and aural to be accessible in accordance with standards set by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
3) Update our website to be accessible for all visitors. The website is currently being updated to comply with California Government Code Sections 7405 and 11135 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
CMO’s website enables visitors to navigate through the pages using standard browser usability features and common assistive technologies.
We are prioritizing our accessibility updates to ensure that webpages and materials that are critical in applying to the Program are completed first. We will continuously work on website accessibility improvements to meet the standards specified in WCAG 2.1 Level AA.
It is our goal to have the website and all materials be compliant to the codes and standards outlined above by June 30, 2020.
In addition to our proactive accessibility updates, CMO is ready to:
1) Upon request, provide auxiliary aides and services for persons with disabilities as needed to ensure program access, unless such accommodation would result in undue burden. If you’d like to receive hardcopy materials, we would be happy to mail them to you.
2) Engage in interactive, courteous dialogue with the individual making a request for an accommodation.
3) Requests must be provided as soon as possible or no later than 10 (ten) business days before an event.
DIFFICULTY ACCESSING MATERIAL
If there is any difficulty accessing material, or if you wish to see material that has yet to be made ADA compliant, please contact us:
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: 626-744-5670